HiSET® Registration Steps
- View the California Requirements - click here
- Set up your My HiSET® Account - click here
- Schedule your appointment by coming into the Sutter County Adult Education Office located at 990-A Klamath Lane., Yuba City, CA 95993 - click here for HiSET® test schedule.
- Bring in items needed to register for testing.
- ETS HiSET® ID number
- Identification & Proof of California residency
Proof of California residency must be verified, both at the time of registration and before admittance to the testing room. The California Department of Education has provided the following list of documents that may be used to prove California residency:
- current California driver's license
- current California identification card
- current U.S. passport
- current identification card issued by the U.S. military (if it includes proof of being stationed in California)
- a combination of other documents determined by the CDE on a case-by-case basis (to be sufficient to establish residency)
Note: The identification must include your name, birth date, signature, photograph and address.
Test Fees: Cash or Credit Card only
- Full Battery Cash:$150.00
- Sub Test Cash:$35.00 each
- Full Battery Credit Card:$155.00
- Sub Test Credit Card:$36.50 each
* There is a small processing fee for credit cards
- $25.00 fee for cancellation.
- $35.00 fee for less than 24 hours notice.
- NO REFUND for scheduled sub tests not taken.